Monday, June 15, 2009

The Recent Nerfing of Ulduar

Well, my guild is currently clearing Ulduar in half the time that it took when we first started, so we are down to 2-3 raid nights vice our four night schedule, but steadily progressing through the hard-modes in both in 10 and 25-man. Last night was the only raid that I was able to attend since I got back from school in San Diego, CA. So my attendance is sketchy even as an initiate. But 5200 dps as feral on Ignis The Furnace Master is something I want to brag about :P. Moving on to the nerfs.

The fact that all these nerfs are simply not working for alot of the hardcore raiders out there. Are they really necessary or is Blizzard simply making the content more accessible to their playerbase? One of my officers said, that they are "dummying down the content". Are they? I, myself think that they are, but I was never in the top 100 US or anything crazy like that, maybe top 10-15 Alliance on server but never anything that crazy, that being said I was never really on the bleeding edge of content. Perhaps, at one time I wanted to be, but after a short while of doing that I decided to not, its WAAAY to demanding and just would not work for my schedule. I've read several blogs on how Blizzard is accelerating the whole playerbase, even seen some posts say that Ulduar has been on its way to being like Naxxramas. Hopefully not, but ladies and gentlemen lets allow Blizzard to do this and hopefully the next tier of content is where it draws the line between hardcore and casual. Now about the hardcore and casual, in my opinion the "line" between hard-core and casual actually has a name: Algalon. But will he also be "dumb downed"? Kind of how in TBC they removed attunements for raid content? We'll see. As a side note I've got nothing against the casual players but the fact that to feel any sense of achievement I have to activate "hard-mode" on bosses.
In my personal experience the best experience I ever had was when my guild at the time down Lady Vashj, granted it was post 3.0, but MAN that encounter was rough. I make reference to the Mimiron encounter similar to Lady Vashj just because there is SO much stuff going on. Also in reference to Mimiron, his hard mode is like taking Vashj and Archimonde and putting them together and you "Firefighter!". Just my reference though, if anyone shares that please let me know!
P.S
I know that I do not have much of an audience as of yet, but "The Sundering" of Cenarius is currently recruiting a Shadow Priest and Restoration Druid for their 25-man raid team, www.the-sundering.com, give it a look-see!


No comments:

Post a Comment